Call for Submissions
- The Gallery will distribute the Call for Submissions via web, email newsletter, Instagram, and as a press release.
- The Artist will submit their application via a web form. The artist will receive an automated email confirming receipt of their application.
- Duos and small-groups are welcome. When approaching the application form, put one artist’s name into the web form fields, then fully describe both/all participating artists in the uploaded PDF.
- The content of submissions (including links, images, and text) will be reviewed holistically to get a sense of the Artist’s practice and work. The application does not require a specific number of images.
- The Gallery will respond to the Artist via email by the response date. This response will either be “with regrets” or with an offer for a show. The offer will specify the dates of the show.
- The Artist will submit their acceptance or rejection of the offer via a web form.
Prior to Installation
- The Gallery will send the artist a password-protected link to the Exhibition/Loan form. This form will collect all information related to the show.
- The Exhibition/Loan form must be completed in full 21 days prior to the exhibition’s first gallery hours. It is fine to revisit the form multiple times prior to that date to add information as it becomes available.
- The Gallery will announce the Artist’s show as part of a season announcement. This announcement will be distributed via web, email newsletter, Instagram, and as a press release.
- The Gallery’s QR code (scannable on the door) will feature the Artist’s links under the heading “Upcoming Exhibitions.”
- The Gallery will tease the Artist’s show in an email newsletter prior to the exhibition. This will be an item at the bottom of the email announcing the previous exhibition.
- The Artist will either deliver their work in-person or it will be shipped, depending on what is decided beforehand and specified in the Exhibition/Loan form.
- If shipped, it must be delivered in suitable packaging. Shipping expenses will be the responsibility of the Artist, unless decided otherwise beforehand.
- Artwork must be onsite and ready for installation by the beginning of the Installation Start Date.
- The show will be installed on the date(s) specified in the Exhibition/Loan form.
- The Artist will either participate in the installation or not, depending on what is decided beforehand.
- The Artist will either deliver their work in-person or not, depending on what is decided beforehand.
- Installation is normally scheduled for a period between Monday and Friday. Exceptions can be made so that the show is installed on a weekend day, but this is not preferred.
- It is strongly preferred that the show be completely installed prior to the first gallery hours, which are on the Saturday.
- The Gallery will produce a poster for the door with information about the show.
- After installation, the Gallery will take installation shots. These will be simple iPhone pictures, but will be touched-up in PhotoShop.
- The Gallery’s website will be updated with installation shots, and the Artist’s show will be featured on the homepage throughout its run.
- The Gallery’s QR code will be updated so that the Artist’s links are featured under the heading “Current Exhibition”
- The Gallery retains the right to reschedule or cancel the exhibition. The Artist also retains the right to request rescheduling or cancelation of the exhibition for reasonable conflicts. Both parties will work to the best of their abilities to realize the exhibition.
During the Run
- The gallery lights will be kept on throughout the run so that the show will be visible through the windows 24/7.
- Attendants will open the gallery for regularly-scheduled gallery hours. These are usually Saturdays 11 am-3 pm, though there may be exceptions.
- Attendants will post shots of the installation to the Gallery’s Instagram account at the start of each gallery hours session.
- The week prior to Lockhart First Friday, the Gallery will send an email newsletter with information about the show. The Gallery will send a second reminder email Friday afternoon.
- Attendants will open the gallery for Lockhart First Friday, 6-9 pm.
- The Gallery will not host an “opening reception.” Instead, we prefer to treat the First Friday as a “closing reception.”
- The Artist will be given access to the Gallery and may host guests at other times.
- The Artist may choose to host their own “opening reception” or other public gallery hours.
- The Gallery will set out a guestbook to collect Guest’s email addresses for subscription to email newsletters.
- The Gallery will endeavor to take “social” photos of Guests interacting with the art.
Regarding Sales and Fees
- The Gallery is non-commercial and does not emphasize sales.
- The Artist may provide a handout with information about the works and their prices, which attendants will share with Guests.
- If a Guest expresses interest in buying a piece or otherwise contacting the Artist, the attendant will complete a web form which will send an email connecting the Artist and the Guest.
- It will be up to the Artist to follow-up with the Guest and arrange the sale.
- The Gallery does not take a fee for any sales.
- The Gallery does not charge fees to apply to its Call for Submissions.
- The Gallery does not pay artist fees/honoraria/stipend at this time.
After the Run
- The Artist will either pick up their work in-person or it will be shipped, depending on what is decided beforehand.
- If shipped, it will be returned in the same packaging originally supplied by the Artist. Shipping expenses will be the responsibility of the Artist, unless decided otherwise beforehand.
- Any email addresses collected during the run will be transcribed and sent to the artist, for subscription to their email newsletter.
- Any “social” photos taken during the run will be added to the show’s page on the gallery website.
- The show will be retired from the gallery’s homepage and the artist’s links removed from the gallery’s QR code.
- The show’s page will be accessible on the gallery website in perpetuity via the “Past” link.